Go Back   CerealBits.com - The cereal box & premium collecting forum > NIBLETS > Fast Food Talk
Register FAQPLEASE DONATE Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2010, 12:02 AM
Sugar Coated

Default '70s Filet-O-Fish wrapper

I recently got this old Filet-O-Fish wrapper from 1974. Does anyone know the years that McDonald's used this design?

Filet-O-Fish Wrapper - 1974
Old 11-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Sugar Frosted

It sure is a great wrapper. I have one too, so I'll take a look at the date on mine when I get a chance. (Which won't be for a while, as I'm 8,000 miles away from it for the foreseeable future!)

I have the cheeseburger and hamburger wrappers with this design (sans ship's wheel of course) as well. When I have a bit more time (and access to my collection) I might try and put together a timeline of cheeseburger wrappers. I'm pretty sure I have every incarnation from the 70s to early 90s.

EDIT: I got curious. If you look closely at this 1977 commercial, you can see that wrapper design. So 1974-1977 at the very least.

More info: Did some more digging. It appears Filet-O-Fish changed to the blue styrofoam box in '78 or '79. So the ship's wheel wrapper was likely the last Filet-O-Fish wrapper before it went to the styrofoam box.

Last edited by Daniel85; 11-14-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:13 AM
Sugar Coated

Thanks for the info, Daniel!
Old 03-29-2013, 01:18 PM
No Sugar Added

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel85 View Post
It sure is a great wrapper. I have one too, so I'll take a look at the date on mine when I get a chance. (Which won't be for a while, as I'm 8,000 miles away from it for the foreseeable future!)

I have the cheeseburger and hamburger wrappers with this design (sans ship's wheel of course) as well. When I have a bit more time (and access to my collection) I might try and put together a timeline of cheeseburger wrappers. I'm pretty sure I have every incarnation from the 70s to early 90s.

EDIT: I got curious. If you look closely at this 1977 commercial, you can see that wrapper design. So 1974-1977 at the very least.

More info: Did some more digging. It appears Filet-O-Fish changed to the blue styrofoam box in '78 or '79. So the ship's wheel wrapper was likely the last Filet-O-Fish wrapper before it went to the styrofoam box.
I Designed that Blue Box in late 1976 early 1977, Company that fabricated it (a Thermoforming Process) was called Sweetheart Plastics out of Wilmington MA. Probably my ONLY claim to fame of products I designed REAL People have seen. Well I had some Radar Detectors through the 90's for Whistler Corp. But everyone remembers the blue Box more and its demise as it has not biodegradable and had to go to its death. We also produced all the other packages as well but that particular one, I did that one. The Defunct QLT never had one.

Tags
1974, filet-o-fish, mcdonald's